Toy Show The Musical casts three new stars in the lead role
After a national call, Ceola Dunne, Clare Keely and Doireann McNally have been cast as lead character Nell in Toy Show The Musical.
Ceola, Clare and Doireann auditioned with hundreds of girls from across Ireland in June this year to play the lead role in Toy Show The Musical, a brand new original Irish musical, which is coming to the Convention Center in Dublin from of December 10.
The girls join the previously announced adult cast of Jamie Beamish, Clare Barrett and Anna Healy, with full company rehearsals beginning in late October.
Speaking of Ceola’s casting, Clare and Doireann, Jane Murphy and Katherine Drohan, executive producers of Toy Show The Musical, said: “These young girls are amazing; they each embody the character of Nell from head to toe. honestly as if they were born to play this role. role. Singing, acting, dancing and playing the maggot… all at the same time!”
- Ceola Dunne is 10 years old
- She lives in Dunsany, County Meath
- She goes to the Acting Academy in Dunshaughlin, Co Meath
- She plays Gaelic football and goes to a Gaelscoil
- Ceola played the little girl in Evita at the National Concert Hall and sang with the National Symphony Orchestra in June.
Meet… Clare Keely
- Clare Keely is 12 years old
- She lives in Craigavon, Co Armagh
- It is part of Stagebox
- She was a Eurovision junior semi-finalist in 2022
- Clare says, “It’s a dream come true. I’m so thrilled to be joining this amazing production.”
Meet… Doireann McNally
- Doireann McNally is 11 years old
- She is from Dundalk, Co. Louth.
- Doireann sang at the Toy Show when she was 8 years old. She was there little dancer in Elton John’s medley.
- She also performed on The late show in 2020 as the child soloist of Irish Women in Harmony on their Christmas single Together at Christmas.
- Doireann says playing Nell is, “Amazing! Better than having an elephant for Christmas, that would be epic!”
Toy Show The Musical will run from 10 December 2022, at The Auditorium, The Convention Centre, Dublin. Tickets are from €25. For more information and to buy tickets, go to www.rte.ie/toyshowthemusical